Hotpot was traditionally cooked in a cauldron on an open fire. Nowadays it’s made in a non-stick pan on the stove.
Large can of best Stewing Steak
2 large onions
2 cups beef stock
2oz butter or margarine
1. Peel all the vegetables. Fry the chopped carrots and onions together in the melted butter or margarine until soft.
2. Add the Stewing Steak. Stir well.
3. Cut the potatoes into 1-2″ cubes and add to the pot. Stir well.
4. Cover over the top of the potatoes with beef stock (adding more water if necessary).
5. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a low heat. Simmer for 1-2 hours until the mixture is reduced and all of the vegetables are fully cooked. Stir frequently.
Serve with red cabbage, pickled onions, mushy peas, or crusty bread.