This traditional Sherry Trifle is intended for adults. For a non-alcoholic version omit the sherry. Another adaptation can be made by leaving out the jelly / Jello layer. They all taste fabulous!
1 family-size raspberry jam Swiss-roll cake
1 sherry glass of sweet sherry
1 pint of raspberry jelly / Jello (made from blocks or powder)
1/2 Ib (one small punnet or tub) fresh raspberries
1 pint of homemade vanilla custard (or Bird’s instant custard powder mix)
1 pint heavy or whipping cream
Chopped nuts, candied fruit slices, chocolate flakes, or ice-cream sprinkles for decoration
1. Mix up the jelly / Jello and leave to cool in a jug.
2. Make the custard and cool in a pan away from the stove.
3. Line a large glass bowl with the halved slices of the Swiss-roll cake.
4. Pour the sherry evenly over the sponge.
5. Wash the fresh raspberries and add on the top of the cake.
6. Pour the cooled jelly /Jello over the fruit and sponge. Place in the refrigerator to set.
7. When the custard is cold carefully remove the skin from the top and discard. Spoon the custard onto the chilled jelly mix and spread evenly over the top. Chill in the refrigerator for about one hour.
8. Whip the cream into peaks. Spoon onto the cold custard layer. Using a fork, spread the topping evenly in a pleasing design.
9. Decorate with the nuts, fruit slices, chocolate flakes, or ice-cream sprinkles.
10. Keep the in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Copyright © 2022 | KitPerriman.com | All Rights Reserved