12 slices white bread
Knob of butter
1/2 pint milk
4oz dried fruit ( currants, raisins, or sultanas)
nutmeg or cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 325 / 170/ Gas 3.
2. Grease a loaf tin with the knob of butter.
3. Cut the bread into triangles and place in the tin.
4. Sprinkle the dried fruit on top.
5. Whisk the eggs and milk together.
6. Add the sugar.
7. Pour over the bread.
8. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
9. Cook 40 – 50 minutes until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with custard, cream, or ice cream.
(Photo: Public Domain)
Copyright © 2022 | KitPerriman.com | All Rights Reserved
Pingback: Olde English Bread Pudding — Kit Perriman – the fashionista cook