This traditional recipe has been a great favorite since medieval times!
1lb fine white dried breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon finely ground pepper
pinch of salt
butter for greasing pan
- Lightly grease a 1″ thick shallow baking pan.
- Boil the honey over a medium heat and skim off the scum.
- Lower the heat and add the spices.
- Slowly add the breadcrumbs and stir well until you have an evenly-coated thick mixture.
- Turn the gingerbread mix into the pan. Spread evenly. Push well into the corners. Leave to cool.
- Turn out onto parchment paper and tap the base to release from the pan.
- Turn the gingerbread face up and cut into squares.
- Place a small clove in each piece.
- Decorate the plate with clean, dry leaves – or candy shapes.
- The cooled mixture can be molded like marzipan for special events!
(Photo: Public Domain)
Copyright © 2022 | KitPerriman.com | All Rights Reserved