(Photo: Kit Perriman)
2 chopped onions
1 chicken carcass
2 chopped carrots
2 chopped celery sticks
1 chopped red pepper
10 chopped mushrooms
2 chopped potatoes
2 cups chicken stock
2 chicken stock cubes
1/2 cup fresh cream
Corn starch for thickening (optional)
- Add the carcass and onions to a large pan. Cover with water.
- Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for one hour.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Strain the liquid through a clean cloth into a large jug.
- Carefully remove all fat, skin, bones and sinews. Toss in the trash.
- Pick out the meat and add to the liquid in the jug.
- Return the liquid to the large pan. Add all the vegetables.
- Fill pan with chicken stock. Add stock cubes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer on very low for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Thicken as necessary. Stir in fresh cream. Serve piping hot.
Copyright © 2022 | KitPerriman.com | All Rights Reserved